One Snack Size Jar of Bliss Dough
One 300g bag of Chocolate Chips (any flavour)
Optional Toppings: Sprinkles, chopped nuts, etc.
1. First, line a plate or tray with parchment paper. Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out even sized balls of cookie dough from the jar. A snack size jar will yield 8-12 depending on the size you make them.
2. Next, roll each cookie dough ball between your palms until smooth and round. Place the tray in the freezer for an hour or until firm/frozen. Do not begin step 3 until the dough is ready.
3. Pour the entire bag of Chocolate Chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds and then stir. Continue microwaving for 15 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted.
4. Remove the cookie dough balls from the freezer. Using a fork, dip each ball into the chocolate, swirling it around until fully coated. Let excess chocolate drip off over the bowl and then place the ball back on the parchment.
5. If you would like to add toppings, sprinkle them on top of each ball immediately after the dipping process. If you wait too long, the chocolate will harden and the toppings won't stick.
6. Once hardened, you can move each truffle to a clean plate to serve immediately, or store in the fridge for later!
Full disclosure: while this recipe is relatively easy, I still lost 2-3 dough balls in the process as they broke apart during dipping (don't worry, they didn't go to waste😉). Just a reminder to be kind to yourself during the process and no matter what your truffles look like, they are going to be delicious.
If you strive for a "perfect" looking truffle, you can look up how to properly temper chocolate for that smooth, glossy finish.